Not that anyone who has ever been to Florida need any excuse to head to the Sunshine State again; but for those who have never been there before, we would like to share our top 5 reasons as to why Florida is the place to holiday this summer, and always.
5. Natural Parks and Sites: Florida is home to a host of natural parks and monuments. Explore the famous Everglades National Park for many rare species of animals, bird and plants. You can take an airboat ride as well. Then there is the Canaveral National Seashore, Timucuan Ecological and Historical Preserve, and Dry Tortugas National Park that are all must-visits.
4. Historical Sites and Museums: Florida is lined with historical sites and museums up and down both coasts. You’ll find the museums filled with gigantic amount of history, artefacts, exhibits and art collections that will entice you and your curiosity. The diversity of the many museums throughout Florida is absolutely phenomenal; with museums dedicated to the shells and marine life in and surrounding Florida, as well as ones devoted to the exciting history and culture of the many areas of Florida.
3. Watersports: Take your pick from calm water pursuits like sailing and fishing to SCUBA diving, jet skiing,wind surfing, para-sailing and more. Surrounded by water, you’ll be no doubt spoilt for choice with the watersports available in Florida.
2. Beaches, Beaches, Beaches: Florida Beaches are amongst the finest in the world. With remote island getaways, family-friendly shores and soft sand, it is no surprise that various awards have been given to Florida beaches routinely by rating organisations. The best part is that there are loads of beaches to choose from; from Fort De Soto Park, Bradenton beach, Clearwater Beach to Daytona, Miami and a whole lot more. The fact is you’ll be spoilt for choice!
1. Theme Parks: What is Florida without its theme parks! Orlando, of course, is the theme park kingdom or theme park headquarters; with the four parks of the Walt Disney Complex, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld Orlando. Need we say more?