Here are 10 quick interesting facts we collected about Orlando:
1. Orlando offers more lodgings/accommodations than nearly any other destinations in the world – ranging from hotels, guestrooms, vacation home rentals, bed and breakfasts to luxury resorts and vacation ownership units.
2. It would take guests about 67 eight-hour days to visit Orlando's more than 100 awesome attractions and almost five years to eat in Orlando's nearly 5,000 restaurants eating at three each day.
3. Florida is the only state that has two rivers with the same name; a Withlacoochee in North Central Florida (Madison County) and a Withlacoochee in Central Florida. Except for the name, these two rivers have nothing in common.
4. There are around 50 million tourists visiting Orlando each year; out of which over 2 million are international visitors, and the majority of foreign tourists come from the UK.
5. The official nickname of the city of Orlando is “The City Beautiful,” although it is also known as “O-Town.”
6. Rather obvious, but Orlando attracts visitors than any other amusement parks in the US.
7. Orlando is home to more than 100 lakes.
8. Orlando has also been called ‘Hollywood East’, due to numerous cinematic enterprises in the area.
9. Orlando has been consistently chosen as the ‘top Family Spring Break destination’ for American families.
10. The St. Johns River is the longest river in Florida (499 kilometres). Among its many distinct characteristics, the St. Johns is one of few major rivers in the nation that flow north and one of only 14 rivers to be named an "American Heritage River."